Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 6 PLE

Byrdie opened this issue on Apr 12, 2007 · 17 posts

aeilkema posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 4:32 PM

*To each there own, but no, not just "any kid can create stunning landscapes with it."  The function editor gives infinite advanced control over texture, placement bumps ecosystems etc for intermediate and advanced users.  IMO, programs don't make  good art, artists make  good art.
*I agree it's not the program it's the artist..... as for those features being for intermediate or advanced users, I'm not sure. I've created my own materials using the function editor within minutes in Vue PLE and showed my first complete multiple ecosystem render to my wife with in 15 minutes..... of which 11 minutes were used for rendering the image. That's why I made my "any kid can create stunning landscapes with it."  remark. Took me less then 10 minutes to figure the whole thing out.....

I still stick to my kid remark.... even my 12 year old daughter can do some coolstuff with applications like Vue and Poser if she wanted too. They're just mere toys to her generation and they can create about 90% of what we see here in the galleries.

To be completely honest I don't call anything created with Vue or Poser and the likes art. Anyone can creating something stunning with it, if they wanted too. You don't need to be an artist to create digital art.

Working at school teaching teenagers gives you a whole different outlook on the usage of software and art. Teach them how to use Poser or Vue and the likes and they create some cool stuff..... are they artists? No way, they just use some applications.

The main difference between a digital artist and most other people is that the digital artist devotes time to creating something everyone could have done.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk