Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: @#$!! THE RENDEROSITY GALLERY!!!

meltz opened this issue on Apr 01, 2007 ยท 143 posts

KarenJ posted Sun, 15 April 2007 at 6:35 AM

So for both of you, you have not told me what type of images you feel you are prevented from displaying here...

Shante, you have mentioned child nudity but said that it's "just an example". You also stated " So I guess if I am to render children in my renders I will have to texture them as wood grain from the neck down!?" - I am sure you are being facetious, but just in case, the answer is no - you just have to put clothes on them. A bikini will do... (or swim trunks for boys, of course. I think Luke would look a bit strange in a bikini, LOL)

Zarat, you have said that creativity and the TOS do not function together. But you haven't stated anything specific. I'm getting the impression from your post that you were happier when the marketplace accepted all kinds of sexual-orientated products?

The decision to remove those types of products was made on a business basis. Sales have improved and customer feedback is more positive since that decision was made. Naturally we can't please all people, all the time. Please also remember that Renderosity is based in the US and subject to US laws. US views on some subjects (such as sex) can be quite different to the European view ;-)

cobalt_dream - we've stated before that we are not going to waste the time of a panel of staff making decisions on images which aren't uploaded to Renderosity. We have made the upload guidelines as specific as possible. If you want to upload a thumb which you are not sure on, please email it to me or any other staff member and we will guide you appropriately.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire