Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

kobaltkween posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 11:51 AM

i agree mostly, but i'll mention some counterbalancing issues.  (fairly) recently rutra uploaded an image he did in 2 hours that i thought was great.  and what most friends have told me is my best work (can't post it here due to the thumbnail rule), i actually put together in an hour.  sometimes you're able to make something immediate and perfect.  there are lots of art forms that actually must be done in a rapid fashion.  and personally, if a work really hits me, i'll comment even if it has been done quickly.

that said, i've seen the trend acadia is talking about.  i've seen more and more, "nothing to criticize," comments.  which mindboggles me, because i've seen a poster that critiques the mona lisa.  i don't think any of us or any of our works is beyond improvement.   encouragement is great, but i do think we should be careful to keep the analytical nature of this group going. 

i'm not endorsing people comment less, just urging you to include at least one bit of advice you have to make the work stronger in your comment.  i've seen some absolutely unbelievable progress in some members' works, and they're mostly the ones who consistently get detailed advice.

and just as a by the by, i'm really hoping to have new stuff up soon.  i'm postworking one image, and developing two others.  one i've managed to resurrect!  for a while everything was bombing.  the postworked image i've lost work on twice due to photoshop crashing, and i've lost work due to both poser and d|s crashing.  for a while, i swore i would give up on this 3d stuff altogether and work solely on Web stuff.  i came very close to deleting everything, as well as destroying my keyboard in frustration.

so if you've been waiting to be as critical of my work as i've been of yours, please go ahead.  my older works should give you plenty of opportunities.   or be patient.  i'm in the process of making new mistakes that should be ready for your reactions shortly.

then again, i have several unfinished works.   a couple are just less urgent than some of the images i want to do, but most i just reached an impasse.  what's the vote?  should i submit them to the group and take advice?