Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why are DAZ High Polycount Meshes so Popular ?

RorrKonn opened this issue on Apr 18, 2007 · 266 posts

JoePublic posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 4:20 PM

(Click to Enlarge)

Left side V4 straight out of the box.
Right side V3 demonstrating how joints can look using the latest technology
No postwork whatsoever.

And some just follow the latest hype because they hope that "being on the edge of technology" elevates them over the plebs.  😉

I rather have a VW  with Lamborghini tech under the hood, than a Lamborghini body on top of a VW drivetrain.

Technology by itself isn't pretty. Aesthetics are just the icing on the cake, and I tolerate them only as long as they don't get in the way of performance.

The concept of V4 is inherently flawed, at least if you want to raise the standards of realism in Poser.

The problem is that DAZ now rather wants to make as much money as possible, instead of making the best product possible.

Understandable for a profit driven company, but sad in the long run for the Poser community, because wherever DAZ goes, the rest will follow.

OTOH, this new technology (i.e. the P7 morphbrush), makes it easier than ever for independent merchants to create meshes, so I'd say we live in "interresting times".

Because after a while even the hoi polloi will notice that looks aren't everything. 🆒