Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why are DAZ High Polycount Meshes so Popular ?

RorrKonn opened this issue on Apr 18, 2007 · 266 posts

pitklad posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 4:36 PM

This looking displacement like something too difficult to use reminds me the "Transparent Victoria Brow thing" and generaly the fear people had to use transparency in the start... however when everyone understood how it works the possibilities became infinite!

Same goes for displacement it is a new powerfull tool full of potential , yes it isn't perfect yes it isn't so user friendly at the moment but anyone saying it is worthless is propably exagerating,,,

Of course when I talk about displacement and mesh topology I mean that for exaple we can have a medium resolution mesh that can have muscle morphs and proper bones structure and then use displacement for extreme details!

I'm afraid we will see figures that will use morphs for veins and beauty marks instead of displacement in the future!

In any case of rendering there is a medium solution for everything! realism when needed and light resources for everyday use! :biggrin:

If someone wants perfection than he will try to get the best of the tools that has and if ignores  displacement than he misses a great advantage on that try...

My FreeStuff