Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

kobaltkween posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 5:39 PM

wait, hold up.  noone has suggested that positive remarks should stop.   things are getting twisted now.  i can't actually speak for acadia, but i've started to see a lot  of the same type of non-specific, blanketly positive comments from group members as the ones that prompted tainted heart to start the thread where this group was proposed.  not so much that i think this has become about networking rather than critiquing art, but enough so that when acadia brought it up,  i felt the need to chime in.  this should not become another mutual appreciation society where the goal is popularity instead of improving as artist.

nobody's saying, "don't say positive things."  all i'm trying to suggest is that we all try to be specific.  and if it's a first version or the artist has said it's still underdevelopment, try to come up with a way to make the image better.  and it's not negative not to have anything to say.  as noted previously members don't have to comment on every image.  if, for reasons of time, interest, expertise or what have you, you don't really have any aspect to praise or advice for improvement, you're not obligated to comment just because that member commented on your last image.