Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: @#$!! THE RENDEROSITY GALLERY!!!

meltz opened this issue on Apr 01, 2007 · 143 posts

StaceyG posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 6:26 PM

I can assure you that I am not in the least bit "naive"....

I beg to differ on the statement that "generally" most members that don't see this as a big deal is because they don't post nudes.   I don't agree with that assessment at all. But we can agree to disagree on that one.
Its not "images" that may now violate the new policy we are discussing, its the thumbnails.

And as the Community Manager I was involved from beginning to end on the discussions that led us here. 
What prompted the need for the change were all the reasons listed as we have said over and over and over again. Its not what you want to hear so therefore you are choosing not to get it.  The motivating prompt were ALL the reasons that kept coming up time after time after time (consistency throughout the site with policies, the problems with images that couldn't be placed in the newsletter, the TOP page that is the landing page for the galleries, the growing number of in your face T&A in the thumbs, etc) and it became something that didn't need to be put off any longer.  We had to put it off awhile due to the conversion of the site but after that point, it was time to put this new policy in place.

Changes are not always about MONEY..We make changes on the Community side alot that have nothing to do with money. It may be about the look of the site, the members requests (and NO not buyers I'm talking about, just members that enjoy the site) that kind of reason. I don't know what kind of "companies" you ran but with this site there is of course the Marketplace side and the Community side, its a fine balance but every decision we make on the Community side isn't always about the money/bottom line. 

Did I "claify" for you now?  Lets be honest, for you it won't be clarified because you just don't agree with it and that is fine..It would be "naive" on my part or anyone on the staffs part to expect that everyone in this large member base would all see things the same way. I won't debate with the same question over and over again. Its been answered and whether or not you get it is up to you. We've answered honestly and tried to explain as best we can and in the end that is all we can do.