Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

JOELGLAINE posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 9:44 PM

Saying 'awesome' or giving empty praise is NOT speaking truly or as a friend.  People have trouble conveying meaning in only words with tone or expression.

If you look at an image and feel nothing, you shouldn't comment.  If you feel like something should be said because you see something wonderful or out of whack--speak truly about it, mindful of another's feelings as if they're your friend.

If someone says they did it quickly (ie 'slapped together', or such imprecise  turn of phrase), and I feel something looking at it--I'll say so.  English, especially American English, is very imprecise without the locality of the speech, or knowing of the peculiarities of one person's expression, I give people the benefit of the doubt.

If the artist SAYS the work is frivilous, then I'll assume it is,too.  Otherwise, I'll comment as my heart dictates. "Slapped together" could also means to create without conscious direction.  Some's Muse directing a piece of creation seldom makes it worthless.  How it affects me lets me determine how or IF to comment.  ^__^ V,,

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!