Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Any way to import Shade files?

AnAardvark opened this issue on Apr 20, 2007 ยท 6 posts

Zarat posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 9:14 PM

Shade works very well with Poser but for some reason Poser lacks support for Shade.

I got currently Shade 8 pro and Poser 7. For some quick rendering and not to complex scenes I use Poser. If it's about production time and quality I use Shade.
You must change some material settings for using Poser content in Shade to make full use of the higher quality that Shade allows. The advanced material room settings will not be translated to Shade's native format. The lights you have to create from scratch and it can be useful to place some "markers" for special lights in Poser before importing the scene. Similar as with Max or Maya...

Beside the better render quality and flexibility with render & light settings, the best reason to work in Shade is the renderfarm support and low memory load. (about 600M for a scene that requires 1GB+ to load in Poser) Disk space needed for the naked app is about 100M. Another ~250M for libraries with textures, models, blabla.

The main drawback is that without reading the manual it might be a little difficult to handle.

Have you had a look at the Shade 8 demo already?
Maybe it allows you to export the models that you need.

AFAIK the Demo Version limits renders to 800x600, has no support for farms and puts some ugly watermark on the pictures. But for exporting meshes it should do...