Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The "No Figure" bug?

mickmca opened this issue on Apr 21, 2007 ยท 4 posts

mickmca posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:52 PM

Regarding ZPad: Its lack of a bracket-collapse function is maddening, as usual. I'm ready to pay for the update when this is remedied. Meantime, the Match Bracket function can't find a matching close for the top-level bracket. After a bunch of spot checks, I gave up trying to find the error in ZPad. TextPad agrees that a bracket is missing. More digging....

Progress! Removing Steph in a text editor (don't try that at home) fixed the file. I may be able to salvage everything by inserting her into the stripped file and then re-comforming all the clothing figures.

Ok, here's the problem in the old file. An entire chunk of the PZ3 has been mislocated in the text stream. I have an addchild: abdomen 12 immediately below the Delta stream for a head morph. The Head brace is missing, and the add child lines begin with an incorrect indent. They are followed by material sets for a different figure (part of the costume). Eventually (about 170 lines below), delta values that appear to go with the interrupted stream appear, but the very next line has a Delta ID that means it is NOT part of the Delta stream. In a word, a chunk of 170 lines of the PZ3 has been inserted in the wrong place, probably overwriting the correct chunk. The file is truly toast.

I have a backup which I'll look at later. The archival date and time stamp says the file is five years old and has the same content. So apparently P5 ruined it. How comforting.

Oh well, thanks for listening.
Mick