Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Sorry ... can't post FREE stuff here anymore

DAD opened this issue on Apr 21, 2007 · 326 posts

Acadia posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 9:25 PM

Quote - If I have to submit freebies for testing now then I'll just be posting links to my own server along with a thumbnail because Renderosity doesn't have access to test them.

I believe Renderosity won't permit that anymore.  Apparently all freebies offered on this site by it's members have to be posted in the freebie section now. So instead of uploading the freebie to your server and just posting it here in the Poser forum as has been the case, you now have to formally submit the item to the free stuff section here so that the staff can test the product.

If you want to post a link to the download you placed in the free stuff section, you now have to do it in the free stuff forum, and no longer in the poser forum. And from what I understand the link has to be going to your free stuff area here and not some off site place.

Personally I think that sucks.  It means many freebies that were going to be made available here won't be available anymore.

I guess I'll be going to Daz and Poser Pros to their freebie forum, because by the sounds of the one here all it's going to be is a place for people to link to their on site freebies here.  I can see what's new by going to the free stuff section. I don't need to go to a forum to see what is in the free stuff section here.

Next thing you know it will be against the rules to post links to freebie on any site other than those in the freebie area here :(

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi