Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why are DAZ High Polycount Meshes so Popular ?

RorrKonn opened this issue on Apr 18, 2007 · 266 posts

dphoadley posted Sun, 22 April 2007 at 1:08 AM

Quote - All I've read was the first thread, so my apoligies for any reitertion.

The answer, simply, is more curves.  The V3Print.PZZ this image was rendered from is roughly 5MB, and I'd say at least half of that is hair and shoes.

3D Polycount is very similr to 2D Resolution.  At a small scale everything looks the same, but render out to life sized, or something to fill a billboard, and there is no substiution for bigger polycounts and resolutions; your getting more places to pinpoint, bigger, textures.  

The Master V3Master.PZ3 that the V3Print.PZZ was formed from, is over 250MBs, but that file is as much as an archive as anything else.  When I'm not just making it bigger, and I do'nt need(for spinning dials) I do'nt work with it.  I've several threads I explained how I got from my Master to my Print scenes, but in a nutshell the free tools you may be interested in are:

SVDL's Spawcharcter.PY.
Ockhams ZeroMorphs.PY - To prep for the next tool.
SVDL's DeleteMorphs.PY - Deletes any moprh with a value of zero.
MorphManager - To really gut the BlankV3.CR2
And knowing how to Export/Import MT.OBJs is a major bonus

I disagree, i believe that the main important thing is the quality of the mapping, and the quality of the texturing.  To prove my point, I'm discussing with karen1573 the possibility of organizing a contest between my PosetteV3 and the Daz V3, where identical textures, poses and lighting would be used to see who could create the bettere looking render.
Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS