Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Sorry ... can't post FREE stuff here anymore

DAD opened this issue on Apr 21, 2007 ยท 326 posts

Francemi posted Sun, 22 April 2007 at 8:38 AM

I think this is complicated for nothing but personnally I don't mind. It's been quite a while since I announced one of my freebies in this forum anyway because there were too many complaints about freebies announcements in this forum. And it's been quite a while since I announced one of my freebies in the Freestuff area too because it is simply too complicated. I have to prepare the freebie zipfile, create a promo image for it to place on my website then create a thumbnail for the freestuff area (200x200) then create a thumbnail with other dimensions for somewhere else, etc. Just not worth it. I mean we freebie providers don't make money out of our hard work so I think it is unjust to ask more of us than you ask of merchants. Why don't you concentrate on testing Merchants' products instead? How many times do we buy products here (or anywhere else for that matter) and Poser looks ad vitam aeternam for a missing texture or missing geometry or whatever? All because the product had not been tested thoroughly.

I checked (with ShaderWorks), fixed and installed ALL my Poser products. It took me a whole year to accomplish this. And I can say from what I've seen that the "errors" were found more often in commercial products than in freebies. It tells a lot about the QA we get for products that bring money to you (here or elsewhere). So if the commercial products are not thoroughly tested (and they are NOT) it is very difficult for us to believe you don't have an ulterior motive to impose all that stuff on freebie providers.

But it is within your rights.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies