Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Sorry ... can't post FREE stuff here anymore

DAD opened this issue on Apr 21, 2007 · 326 posts

ThrommArcadia posted Sun, 22 April 2007 at 4:01 PM

Hmmm, interesting and maddening.  At first I thought this might have something to do with merchant accounts.  I know from a place a used to work, that if a site has links to "objectional" (an ever changing, undefinable word) sites that Visa and some merchant accounts have been shutting down the website.

Maybe this is the real fear.

Let's face it, no one is going to spend hours/days making a freebie just so he can load a trojan into it, so security is a BS excuse.

I've downloaded my fare share of freebies (many from Rendo's free section) that are of disappointing quality or usability, so it isn't some kind of quality control.

And, as has been mentioned, Freebies is a great attraction for getting customers.  Years ago I only knew Renderosity as a place with Freebies.  Now a spend a few hundred bucks here every year!

So, the only logical reason for this kind of thing is the Visa/Merchant account issue.

Which, means that Renderosity is not really trying to control us, it goes back to the banks.  The people with very real and far reaching power.

PS: ANTON, I love that quote, thanks!  Sad that the opposite seems to have become the American (and Canadian) way.