Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why are DAZ High Polycount Meshes so Popular ?

RorrKonn opened this issue on Apr 18, 2007 · 266 posts

aeilkema posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 6:31 AM

*as for the polycount, how else could I justify getting a new computer?
*For me it's the reason not to use the newer figures. That way I still get to use my old computer and finally use all the stuff I've purchased for all the figures I do have. It saves lot's of money having to buy a new wardrobe all over again. I've got so much stuff for the older figures (M1/M2 & V1/V2) that I will not need to purchase any new clothes for ages.

Besides, with most newly released figures, I still don't see the benefit of having them. V4 for example doesn't seem to add anything unto the exsisting figures at all, except for some more polys. Same goes for the G2 figures, they don't really seem to add anything to the exsisting ones, except for more polys.

The old guys will serve me well for many years to come and by sticking to them, I get my work done. I used to buy (and fall for) every new hype in the poser world and spent so much time playing with the new stuff, that I didn't get anything serious done at all. After going through a number of hypes and realizing that most of them add nothing substantial at all and most of the hypes were only collecting dust in my runtimes, I decided to not fall for the next hype coming. Instead I focussed on getting my work done. Not buying all the newest figures has not only saved me lot's of money, but also lot's of time.

By the time I'm ready for the G2 figures or V4 (if that time ever comes), all of here stuff will be sold at dump prices anyway and I get to save lot's of money. For now, good old M2 & V2 will do the job just as well and when it comes to multiple figure scenes, even much better then all of the newer releases.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk