Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Sorry ... can't post FREE stuff here anymore

DAD opened this issue on Apr 21, 2007 · 326 posts

Alisa posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:23 PM

Um.  while many of us were upset at the initial info about the Freestuff forum rules, and whether this is a necessary step or not, I think you are a day behind here and a little overly angry - have you actually read the result of the meeting that Stacey wrote about?  The Freestuff forum is for freestuff PROVIDERS to post about their freestuff.  They're the only ones that will be asked to post in that forum only.

If someone asks,  in the Poser forum, where to find a racoon, there is no problem, under the new policy, with someone posting a link to it...in the same thread, in the same forum that it was asked in.

Quote - [ As I follow R'osity's "reasoning," those people would get a response from the well-behaved member something like this:

Dear PoserNoob: I know where you can find a free raccoon. Come over to the FreeStuff forum and dig around. If you can find the thread where I posted it, you are in business.

[Note: Under the "rules" for today, would it be wrong for the person to include a link from the Poser forum to the Free Stuff forum? Who can guess? And if it is, will it be when the moon is in the seventh house?]

Of course, if the helpful person knew of a raccoon that was NOT free but was reasonably priced, then the lawyer puffery in here might convince him that there is nowhere, except maybe a PM, where he can reveal this RMarket-threatening fact. He can't very well post the link in Free Stuff, now can he? Even if the well-behaved PoserNoob asked the question there. Because it's not free, don't you know?

The "pigs is pigs" folk at R'osity will argue, I'm sure, that PoserNoob was WRONG WRONG WRONG to look here for that raccoon instead of going to the Free Stuff forum (which I didn't even know existed until I noticed this squirrel fight and came over to watch), and if he posts requests for free stuff here in the future he will be slapped with many, many demerits and a sound scolding both public and private, the latter not to be reported to others [TOS and all that]. And if that doesn't work, then the TOS will be changed quietly to make his actions actionable.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director