Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I must be going mad!

drkfetyshnyghts opened this issue on Apr 24, 2007 · 16 posts

ezuk posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 11:41 PM

There are a few ways to extract the folders the way you want. I don’t have Poser 7, but I will describe what I would do in Poser 6. If there are any differences, then others with more experience than me will have to help you.

The easiest way would be to go to load up Poser and then click on the Content Room tab near the top of the screen. You should then see a tab that is labelled “Install from Zip Archive.” If you click on that, you will see a pop-up menu. Find your Zip File wherever you downloaded it to and select “open.” Poser should then guide you through the installation process. If you just keep clicking on the defaults, your kit will install in the default Poser runtime.

The content in the RuntimeTexturesVictoriasStyleVS-V4-CharacterCreation folder are textures. That is, they are skin and hair that you are “painted” onto the 3D model to make it look realistic. You can use them by going into the Material Room. The files in the RuntimeLibrariesPoseVS-V4-CharacterCreation folder are injection poses. You can find them in the Pose library. If you add them to your character while in the Pose Room (make sure you have the right figure selected), a dial will show up to the right of your preview window. You can then adjust it to make your figure look more or less like the picture (a value of “1” will probably make that part of your figure look exactly like the picture). This will let you give V4 different bodies and face shapes.

I am not sure what the files in the VS-V4-CharacterCreationResources folder will do, whether they are for post-work in a 2D art program or are additional textures to apply (or both).

I hope that this helps, and please forgive me if I’ve told you anything you already know.

I wanted to keep my explanation basic in case other people new to the program read this.

P.S.  If you go to the e-frontier web site, there is a tutorial on "Managing Content" in the tutorial section that will explain other ways to install the file.