Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Collaborating? Victorian era villages etc...

Conniekat8 opened this issue on Apr 27, 2007 ยท 1329 posts

koosievantutte posted Wed, 02 May 2007 at 2:08 PM

conniekat - it is a hobby for a very long time already. i am intersted in archeology, cartography, history and architecture - added up you will understand that this is something i like very much.
perhaps it is an idea to make up a map for a certain area and draw it and put the buildings on it.
when we draw squares on the 'floorplan' everybody can draw buildings freely, as long as they are
not interfering with the street and not exceed the maximum depth (hope i tell it clearly). this is more or less what the romans did - there are old english towns where the dimensions are still according to that system, forgot however the right measurements.
as an example: on the map will be squares of 1x1 metres - whoever build something should always use the full metres for the front, but it could be from 4 to perhaps 10 or 15 metres deep. buildings can be put next to each other without much problems. the depth of the buildings can vary as in any old town, but could have a maximum depth. this is not quite the case if we decide on the houses along the harbour, they do vary, but not so much as in other old towns.
if it is not quite clear i can draw an example of course.

"The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming train"