Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need help! Calling all figure creators!

picker opened this issue on Apr 28, 2007 · 45 posts

Letterworks posted Wed, 02 May 2007 at 5:50 PM

picker, if its and animations for demonstration purposes, say something to show your skills, but not for distribution (sale to tv or other outlets) and you are NOT going to sell or WIDELY distribute the figures (no placing them in freestuff or on torrents) than you probably won;t get into trouble, since this could be concidered "fair use" but you may still be breaking the letter of the law. I wouldn;t worry about it if it's to "show off" your animations

At any rate from an earlier post it sounds like yoiu are having problems with the JOINT PARAMETERS with you own attempts to rig the figures. If you are using one of the pose native figures (Simon etc.) or one of the DAZ figures (Michael etc.) for "donar" CR2s you will need to adjust the JPs to accomodate the differences ins sizes and joint centers of the new meshes. PhilC and Dr.Geep (Search either name) bot have excellent tutorials on the subject. 

I would STRONGLY recommend you give it another try after reading looking into those tuts. THEN if you still have problems post them here or on the "Character Creators" forum for help. Be as specific as possible with your questions and, where possible, show example screen shots of the problams. Believe me you'll feel much more accomplishment in doing the work yourself, and if your efforts are to showcase your talents it'll be an even bigger feather in your cap to say "I rigged those myself!". Who knows the next step might be to MODEL your very own figures.

mike