Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: M4 ?

udgang99 opened this issue on May 02, 2007 · 101 posts

byAnton posted Sun, 06 May 2007 at 4:46 AM

sigh.

Part of the problem these past few years has been people will no actually commercial experience in Poser, posting about it and merchnat business/personal affairs with presumed authority.
Simply for the benefit of Apollo merchants, fans, and users who happen to read this.....

Quote - **Penguinisto wrote:**To compare popularity of both figures, I did the following searches in the gallery here at Renderosity (a site where neither figure is sold):
#1: "Apollo Maximus" vs. "Michael 3" between 5 months and 3 years ago (pre-free AM, though both were around for that period of time). AM: 393. M3: 1000+ (the search filter result limit)

wrong.

Michael 3 was released fall of 2003
Apollo was released June of 2005
Apollo will celebrate his two year release date this coming June.

Quote - Penguinisto wrote: it had been on sale for a long time before, and the market seemed lukewarm at best overall during that time

wrong.

Apollo was a top seller every single week he was available at both sites. His user interest spanned 3+ Apollo topic forums, often the most requested supported figure, over M3, in polls and figure request threads, and not one documented return.

Quote - Penguinisto wrote: As a free figure with (by now) tons of free clothing, AM is wildly popular. At its previous price point(s), it was not, when compared to the free M3 base figure.

wrong.

At his previous price points, he sold in the top in both locations. During the time he was available in each location, there was a massive spike in site traffic. Unlike M3, there was no Apollo free base,  during the 10 month period Apollo was available.

Quote - Penguinisto wrote: ...the fact that he would have little to no sales plan, or an internal team, to turn a free version into profit (not just cost recoupment - profit), there would be no real point in his building one upon demand.

wrong.

Quote - Penguinisto wrote: ...Now, let's get back to the main topic, shall we?

M4..

Oh lol Is that wat the topic was. COuld have fooled me. :)

shakes head Tom, do you have nothing else to do? I think we're done here. Or God, at least, I hope so.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....