Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: M4 ?

udgang99 opened this issue on May 02, 2007 · 101 posts

Penguinisto posted Sun, 06 May 2007 at 9:11 PM

Quote - Seriously, your opinons don't amount to a whole lot more then assumptions, speculations, and armchair quarterbacking, and at the moment it looks like you're trying awfully hard to antagonize Anton, which makes your speculations even less believable.

Then show me a better metric. These are not "assumptions", as I'm using easily repeatable proof by any interested or uninterested party (albeit refined over a few posts as more facts become clear). If you think this is speculation, then you are more than welcome to show me where the supposed speculation lies. Actual sales figures or download figures are secretive, and usually inflated - not a failing on anyone's part, but simply business. Gallery postings OTOH reflect rough but actual usage: After all, if it is being posted, obviously it is being used. I even went out of my way to be charitable about it and stacked the odds in AM's favor, so I hardly think that this is baiting. Now, so that everyone is clear here, the main point that seems to make so many people uncomfortable is still being missed (and yet has been repeated numerous times): Apollo Maximus gained popularity and usage equal to M3 only after it was freely released. This is neither a slander or an insult... it is simply a hypothesis with supporting evidence. Just like science, you (and anyone else) are welcome to disprove it with better evidence. Anton is a merchant, a business entity, and is no more immune to analysis or opinion than any other - be it DAZ, Billy-T, Renderosity, RDNA, PoserPros, or what-have-you. Now... onto the good stuff. /P