Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: M4 ?

udgang99 opened this issue on May 02, 2007 · 101 posts

Penguinisto posted Sun, 06 May 2007 at 11:18 PM

Quote - Yeah I totally forgot the joints, lol. Some Python should be able to take care of this. If not then maybe it's time to say goodbye to this usage of joints.

Yep - if PhilC's work in this area is any indication, it can do a lot. Not sure what kind of performance hit would come about with calling the Python Interpreter every time someone spins a dial, though. > Quote - If there's support for external renderengines in P8 that would be wonderful.

Oh, yes... I've been dying for someone to do that for a long time. I may end up using Carrara exclusively by then, though (I have nothing but love for its native render engine...) > Quote - Anyways, DAZ's figures don't show this advance. Compared to Poser, they are more P4 level.

True - though mostly for compatibility (with P4/PPP) reasons. DAZ|Studio was also lashed onto P4 compatibility for a very long time. > Quote - Often V4(.1) works fine, but if it doesn't then the big hunt for the error starts.

I have nothing against DAZ but if I buy a figure it should work. If it's a freebie and I have to fix some things than it's ok. But it isn't.

I actually don't know about V4's pros and cons ...yet. I'm still playing with the idea of purchasing it. [brevity sneck... I agree with it readily, esp. the hardware issue :) ] > Quote - If there's a new figure, than this is something that should be used for it. A mindless thrown out figure-line is maybe good for business but not for improvement. Curious Labs/E-frontier did a  better job regarding this issue and Poser/Shade.

I think DAZ may be looking to do much the same with D|S and Cararra... and as both continue to build the relative programs more and more into their respective suites (Poser into Shade, and D|S into Carrara), there may well be an eventual disconnect between DAZ figures and Poser entirely. Meanwhile, until DAZ gets up a larger Carrara user base, Poser compatibility is paramount to what they do. /P