Forum: Community Center

Subject: New Thumbnail Policy - Please read

StaceyG opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 423 posts

danamongden posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 10:11 AM

Quote - I am a non smoker. you come into my house, I ask you not to smoke. do you light up?

unless you are really out to offend and piss ppl off, you don't. right?

same thing here. the owners have asked us to comply to their rules since it is their house.

Nice analogy, but I believe the ongoing controversy centers less around whether or not R'osity has the right to restrict smoking in their house and more about what qualifies as smoking.  The thumbnail that I used (which seems to have reignited this thread) was IMO in compliance with the policy.  My complaint is not with the policy, but with its implementation.

So, to use your analogy, I showed up at your house wearing cologne, and you objected because you had a bad reaction to it.  I responded with, "But I'm not smoking!  Why are you aiming that fire extinguisher at me?"

I made a couple of suggestions about how to improve the handling of the thumbnail violations so that the response would not seem as heavy-handed.  The software might or might not support it. In the meantime, I'll be doing the equivalent of going through decontamination procedures with my thumbnails before entering the "no nude smokers" zone.

Dan among Den