Forum: Community Center

Subject: New Thumbnail Policy - Please read

StaceyG opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 423 posts

jdehaven posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 1:01 AM

Heheh.. what happened happened- regardless of your interpretation as an outsider to the situation.

If I were to send you a thumb at 200x200, JPEG at 9.54KB - and a NEW one at that with a different view and angle than the original. Then suddenly that very thumb becomes 150x150 with some of the worst JPEG artifacting possible, then what do you call that?  

We are not talking about a review thumb. We are talking about a pristine new thumb that I sent. The person even admitted that there are problems with images expanding in KB size on their "platform" larger than the original...

The problem with that statement, is that I am by no means an idiot. Being in I.T. as a profession affords me exposure to Linux, Macintosh and PC- to put it bluntly, I have 11 machines at HOME even. so whatever this "platform" statement was- it was merely backpedaling because I caught the act. 

Maybe this forum coordinator is still using an Atari ST or something? That would be the only viable explination.

As stated, this did occur. Whether or not you make blanket statements about proper conduct for Forum admins- it does not alter the reality of the event occuring or the fact that I have evidence to prove it. 

Even looking at the best case scenario where it could potentially be an honest mistake; putting newbies unfamiliar with image size and compression levels in charge of replacing them is hardly a good choice now is it?

Regardless, I dont really care. After being on here for almost 6 years I can see the writing on the wall.