Forum: Community Center

Subject: New Thumbnail Policy - Please read

StaceyG opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 423 posts

jdehaven posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 2:15 AM

Yes I did ask, 
The response was what I listed in my 2nd message. 

I should not have to repeat this or quote the site mail- I am trying to take the high ground here by not naming names or directly quoting the site mail exchange. Not to mention, quoting site mail is against the TOS.

The point here is this: The image has no nudity, the thumb has no nudity, my replacement thumb was HORRIBLY butchered. 

If there were a problem with the SMTP transmission from my end to the POP3 receiving end at Renderosity, the message would be garbled and the JPEG unreadable. The FACT is, that a deliberate or grandiose "rookie error" occured in the reposting of that very thumbnail to the gallery.  

So, if Rendo needs a thinktank to debate whether or not shadowing in the butt crack area from ambient occlusion constitutues nudity even though the figure is obviously covered by DAZ3D's V4 Bikini, then there is certainly a problem with the thumbnail rules.

My previous render to the one we are discussing here DID have a sheer bikini, and it is OBVIOUS; I tagged the image appropriately and uploaded a thumb that was accepted.

In an attempt to expand my audience to demonstrate my HDRI lighting that I was planning on selling here in the MarketPlace, I rendered a NON-SHEER version and it was put into holding. 

So- do you think I will sell this HDRI Lightprobe set in this marketplace now? Hell no. 

Are you beginning to understand why I am irritated?  A non-nude that can easily be compared with a sheer version was ripped from viewing, then to add insult to injury, the thumb once resubmitted to the admin was then butchered.  

I have followed policy to a "T" and dotted all the "I"s... and still was penalized.

Great way to treat customers that buy stuff from the marketplace and a potential source of additional revenue if I were to consider becoming a merchant.

That decision has now been made for me, much to my regret.

While I appreciate your apology for another's actions, it does little to mitigate the ill will this behavior instills. I hope in the future that Renderosity will take a better look at the individuals allowed to "police" the policies here.