Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Polite?

dyret opened this issue on May 05, 2007 · 83 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 6:16 PM

I've read elsewhere that human flesh actually tastes like pork -- and not like chicken.

The similarity between pig flesh & human flesh is a part of the reason why pig's heart valves can be used to surgically replace human heart valves.  And it's also one of the arguments occasionally used as to why humans shouldn't eat pig meat.  The flesh of pigs is thought (by some -- this isn't my opinion, it's just something that I've heard propounded by others) -- to be so similar to the flesh of humans as to cause a danger of various nasty things happening from the eating of pig meat by humans.  Sort of like the way that mad cow disease is spread by feeding renderings from cows to other cows mixed into their feed.

I eat bacon, because I like it.  And I eat sausage for the same reason.  But I don't like pork, ham, or pickled pig's feet. 😉  Although I know some people who love pickled pig's feet.  I don't understand why they do -- it's just one of those mysteries of the universe, I suppose.

It's interesting to note that human heart valves aren't replaced with the heart valves of apes -- but rather with the heart valves of pigs.

Something To Do At 3:00AM