Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Which takes more memory?

RedPhantom opened this issue on May 09, 2007 ยท 25 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 7:49 PM

They? no, but I did. Way before the IBM PC got the EGA card (8-bit color) I had a Sanyo "PC Compatible" computer with a 16-bit color display 640 by 480. It was awesome. I got deep inside the BIOS and was writing rendering stuff in assembly language. I had great fun and many sleepless nights. One of my renders ended up on the front of PC Week or whatever it was called then.

Did it ever occur to you to use Poser to generate texture images, which you can then import into other apps that don't have cool shader implementations? I can make a color map and bump map for any of my cloths into a seamless tile which you could use in other apps. I just tell the shader to not do any of those variation things that would make the tile non-repeating. This gives me the power to generate an infinite number of cloth weaves, colors, etc. while having the power of a much better rendering platform like Modo.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)