Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Rules for Content Providers (yes, I'm looking at you)

Keith opened this issue on May 11, 2007 · 124 posts

Khai posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 1:36 PM

Quote - > Quote - *Rule 1: You Are Not the Most Important Person In the World.

Naming the readme file "Readme" sort of assumes that it's the only file I'm going to have with that name, doesn't it?  Now, while I like your stuff (otherwise I wouldn't have bought it and downloaded it), that doesn't mean that you're the only person in the world whose product I'm going to buy, and as such, so that your Readme isn't overwritten by their Readme, wouldn't it make sense to give your Readme file, heck, your Readme folder, a name which logically connects it to the product you want me to read about?

*if thats a Rendo brokered product, don't blame the vendor. blame Rendo. Merchants here are required to use the same readme and in the same location or the product is failed.

No, they need the same licence file.  Which I don't care about (since they are all the same).

I just checked assorted Renderosity downloads and there doesn't seem to be a rigidly adhered to system for naming the product readmes or where they are located.

then that has been changed since I was a merchant here. sorry for bothering you..