Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Rules for Content Providers (yes, I'm looking at you)

Keith opened this issue on May 11, 2007 · 124 posts

pakled posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 3:20 PM

speaking of 'remaining nameless' - there's a name thing that occasionally trips me up.

I know I'm one of the minor players with only a 1-gig Runtime (and that's a whole 'nuther thread')..but maybe in the readme (whatever you want to call it)  include

Your name
Your site (if you have one)
the usual 'use/don't use commercially'
accreditation (you must/must not credit the creator)

I have something like 23 gig of Poser files (more like 15 gig of unique stuff, I keep getting the same stuff over and over..;), and 22,000+ downloads, I just can't keep straight who made what,
even with a database. Now I do get the file name, and I do load it, but once it's loaded, I get 
say (not to pick on anyone) 'Warrioress armor'. Who made it? Can I use it in commercial stuff (like I'm that good..;), do they really want credit? And how do I backtrack (unless I put that in the database; i.e., loaded...what a fun bit that would be to do..;)

I honestly try to credit where I remember who made it, and on rare occasions get 'dinged' by the creator, if I don't. But sometimes I even forget I have loaded something into Poser (and wind up surfing through FIgures, trying to remember what I had...oh, I forgot I put that in..;)

Just remember, it's free advertising, draws some to your site if you have one, and can't hurt, especially if we don't get around to including it in Poser for 6 months or a year later..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)