Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Rules for Content Providers (yes, I'm looking at you)

Keith opened this issue on May 11, 2007 ยท 124 posts

grichter posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 5:13 PM

The biggest offending folder of duplicate file names that artists and vendors need to note in my humble opinion (my read me's are coupled to a filemaker database I designed with the store image and all kinds of search terms, that someday hopefully will become a freebee it's self and the readme's are stored outside my runtime) is files named chrome.jpg, gold.jpg or silver.jpg in either the relfection maps folder or the materials folder. with no other sub folder. Yet they created sub folders for their textures. I hate to say it but I have a list of artists or vendors, whose products I try to stay away from, beacause of repetivie file path, folder and file naming issues that required correcting. People are human and make mistakes. But when 3 products by the same artist had be corrected,,, What drives me crazy is that two other resellers know of products in there stores that have major problems, missing textures, missing morphs, etc. Yet the products have not been removed or the info page changed to reflect the fact that claimed morphs are not in the cloth or fixed in many many months.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"