Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Rules for Content Providers (yes, I'm looking at you)

Keith opened this issue on May 11, 2007 ยท 124 posts

Unicornst posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 9:28 PM

Quote - I also want to add a separate gripe. I wish merchants would NOT package files for more than one base character into the one product. e.g. V3/S3/A3 or M3/D3/H3. I have separate runtimes for each of these and consequently when I get one of these products, I know I've got some work on my hands splitting them up.

Worst offender by far is DAZ in this regard, but PoserAddicts have been known to put out packages like this too.

**Now see, this is a good example of how to not be able to make everyone happy.

Someone above in a post complained about having the some of the same textures in all the folders and here's a complaint about having the characters for different figures in one pack. The problem here is that those two characters may be sharing a texture for the teeth or some other part.

I do two character packs. I've done them for V3, for V3& M3, for Hiro and A3. And I try very hard to conserve space by using what I can for both characters, such as the teeth and gums. Plus, the whole idea is that you have two characters...male and female. According to the rules I have to follow, they have to be in the same zip because even though there are two characters, they are one product. And nope... I can't make it to where there are two zips simply because even if I divided everything into a him and her type zip, they still have to unzip all into the same folder. Rendo's rules. Can't win for losing on this one.**