Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Rules for Content Providers (yes, I'm looking at you)

Keith opened this issue on May 11, 2007 ยท 124 posts

Faery_Light posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 11:11 PM

Well I don't know if my way is agreeable or not. When I make products now, (in the past it was different) I make a readme folder and put my readmes in it. Each readme starts with BE4(productname)readme.txt, which I hope that isn't too long. It tells the buyer that readme is for that file and merchant. All pose files goes in to a folder called BE4Productname and the file itself is always BE4productname. Character, props or textures are done the same way so the buyer knows what goes with what. The BE4 is because it's hard not to use the same name for a character that some other merchant has used, even when you think it's unique. I started doing it this way when I read so many complaints about files and folders not matching. And after buying a few myself that had me searching all over for parts of the package. Also I try very hard to make sure all unzips into the correct folders without looking for drive such and such, and I do try to get rid of the dbs things. :) Another thing I do is use from three to six testers for each product. drifterlee, I'd sure like to add you to my list of testers. You sound like not much escapes you. :0)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.