Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Rules for Content Providers (yes, I'm looking at you)

Keith opened this issue on May 11, 2007 ยท 124 posts

Unicornst posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 12:54 AM

Quote - A readme that contains important information. Not 100 thank you's and a endless list of installed files. The list of installed files should be part of a seperate file and the DB script.
It's nice to see that the product consists of a few hundred files but I doubt I will ever check pesonally if every file was extracted/installed to the right location. That's a job for the system and not the reader of the ReadMe. In many cases the ReadMe could be reduced to the really important things: Product name - also already as part of the file name -, Vendor name and contact information, Product creation date and Product revision if applicable.

This is the end...

**Not much can be done on this area. We vendors have rules to follow or our product fails testing. And the rules state that we MUST list the files in the readme.

May I kindly suggest that before all the complaints about product packaging are in, that you reads the rules for submission to each site? Renderosity in particular since this is where you have chosen to list the complaints. The rules are there for anyone to read. If you have something you want changed in the rules, all I can suggest is to contact store@renderosity.com and place the complaint/suggestion to them.

The other items mentioned in this thread that are not specific to the rules are valid ones and I agree vendors should be reading and taking notes.**