Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Rules for Content Providers (yes, I'm looking at you)

Keith opened this issue on May 11, 2007 · 124 posts

ThrommArcadia posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 8:54 PM

I agree with Keith on this.

The interface is one thing and the internal naming is another.  I rarely have Poser searching for objs or texture files.  I have never had a problem with Poser loading the wrong file fromt he wrong folder.  That is just weird and I think a rare thing.

I am willing to admit that maybe I am one of the few people who might want to modify a texture, so for me I want the file folder structure to make some sense too.  Ont he other hand, I've become quite accustomed to using my Search function, so maybe it isn't as important.

First things first, though.  A naming structure int he interface that resolves a few issues woudl be nice.

I love when a vendor stays consistant with their folder names.

I hate folder names that make me think of different objects.

I love when there is some differentiation in a thumbnail or file name to identify who the item is for.

I hate that the top of my runtime is cluttered with !!!!! things that really don't seem that important int he grand scheme of things.

I love vendors who put their readmes in a separate folder and maybe even throw the product name or the vendor's name into the name of the readme.

I hate getting a million readmes dumped into the same place.

Oh, and I'm glad to hear the some MPs are not allowing anything to be outside the runtime folder.  My Poser 5 Folder has 96 folders and I don't know how many loose files!!!

I was actually very surprised when i bought Poser 7 and found the base folder so empty.  My gut response was that I didn't get a complete download! LOL.