Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can I also load Poser onto my laptop?

renderclipps opened this issue on May 13, 2007 · 5 posts

renderclipps posted Sun, 13 May 2007 at 7:07 PM

hmmm
I wonder what the situation is with Vista Ultimate then, as they give you a 32 & 64 bit versions in the package
cheers

Quote - > Quote - Thanks mrsparky that's great to know.

Hopefully all good software allows you to do this

Are you implying that Microsoft Products aren't good products?!  ohmy:  :tongue1:

Yes, you can load Poser onto more than one computer on your network, but Poser will check to see that it's the only one running on the network at that time. Not sure what happens if it finds another instance of itself running though.

Going back to my Microsoft jest..... Microsoft requires you to buy a license for each computer you want to run the software on. I discovered that back in 2002 when I bought a laptop and tried to install Front Page 2000 on it. Simply put, I couldn't. I kept getting a message that the serial number was incorrect or in use or something.  Finally I called Microsoft and told them my situation. They gave me another key, a shorter one that allowed me to use my license key on both my desktop and my laptop computers.  However, when I got my telephone bill, I saw a huge charge from MS on my bill. The buggers somehow managed to charge my telephone for not only the "help" call, but also the small key they gave me.   Grrr!