Forum: Community Center

Subject: New Thumbnail Policy - Please read

StaceyG opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 423 posts

darth_poserus posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 5:10 PM

Quote - simple enough question.

there is a point to it ;)

simply this :

I am a non smoker. you come into my house, I ask you not to smoke. do you light up?

unless you are really out to offend and piss ppl off, you don't. right?

same thing here. the owners have asked us to comply to their rules since it is their house.

I know that ppl will disagree with my point. but you know something? I class them with the smokers that would come in and light up when asked not to.

Khai I'd agree with your anology, except that, at certain times, in certain circumstances, certain of the ptb here, have gotten their noses really twisted, and insisted this is a community each and every time someone has dared to even suggest that rosity is not a community but rather a business. 

So the analogy of someone who smokes coming to your house doesn't really apply. Since in a community the minority doesn't dictate to the majority what the rules are. The majority decides what the rules will be. However when it comes to this "change" I'm thoroughly convinced given the responses and reasoning given by the ptb, that this "change" is a clear example of the minority in this community dictating to the majority in this community.

Unless of course, this"community" just happens to be in reality a dictatorship.

Wich I've long said it is.

LOL

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!