Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 102 posts

thefixer posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 4:56 PM

*i'm not asking should poser work get a  pass or saying "poser work is all perfect."  nor am i trying to start a debate about the quality of poser as a tool.  i'm asking whether people turn off the moment they recognize vicky or miki or other "poser" content, or flip to ultra critical.  *
IMHO the answer is NO not all people, only the mediocre snobs that "Think" they are the best out there because they use hi-end apps!

I do book covers for 2 different publishers that cater for very different tastes in shall we say literature and I'm hoping to get a third one on board next Month, I only use Poser 6 or 7, Vue6Inf and Photshop CS2, no hi-end stuff here.
They are happy with my work and I have covers in print to prove it, the only peeps who denigrate Poser are the snobs of the 3D art world and they don't matter a shit at the end of the day.

So in answer to your question: NO people don't get turned off, lots of publishers are quite happy to use work done in Poser or any other medium, at the end of the day it's the quality of the work that matters, not what software you used to create it!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.