Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Scrap Ratings System!!

rosepab opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 70 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 8:53 PM

The suggestion is not bad really. I see lots of pics that I like, but have nothing to say because I'm not going to say "nice work" 30 times a day. But I'd certainly click the "Close and GoldStar" instead of just "close".

And nobody could "game" this. You either give it a star or you don't.  A individual cannot lower the star count - he can only raise it by one. Even having 10 "star hackers" who come to look at your image but don't give it a star would hardly affect the outcome. After 300 views and 200 stars, you know where you stand, 210 wouldn't make any difference.

Personally I think just looking at your "views" counter is a pretty good statistical indication of whether people like your image or not. Because people browse each others favorites, great pictures get advertised in a way that shows up statistically.

I know which of my gallery posts are the most appealing - they have over a 1000 views. That's all I need to know. By the way my "scientific" study shows that a thumbnail showing a shapely leg will get more views than breasts, ass, or face. And if you have none of those things, don't expect views. :biggrin:

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)