Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Scrap Ratings System!!

rosepab opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 70 posts

pjz99 posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 3:32 AM

Do you want your art to be seen?  Print it on flyers and throw copies out the window of your car on the way to work.  It will be seen then, at least by the policeman who gives you a citation for littering.  Being part of a small community that cut-and-pastes generic comments, however flowery, is not the same as being seen - after all many of them are not really looking.

Do you want money or some concrete item of value for your art?  You won't really get that here either.  I suppose once in a while some person or other might buy you some item on your wishlist, but otherwise no.  It's terribly unlikely some wealthy art dealer is going to come here and take your jpeg to Sotheby's and auction it for a million dollars.

Do you want ego gratification?  Show your art to your mom, she'll give you much more thorough and gushing praise than you can get from "awesome render" and a meaningless 5-point decimal score.  Although in your case in particular, your mom might spank you - I know my mom would spank me!

There is no objective standard for "the good stuff".  I don't even like very much of the stuff that goes in the staff choice threads.  Leaving it up to the users just makes it a game, that they play with themselves.  ;)

My Freebies