Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 102 posts

darth_poserus posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 6:54 AM

Quote - OK what I'm seeing is this:

You're looking for a massive amount of personal opinion on something that everyone is going to feel differently about.

I, personally, would prefer to see a nicely composed, well thought-out and/or high-quality detailed in postwork Poser render than some crap, quickie, slapped together image rendered in what would be considered a 'better' program.

Its about art people... Not how much money you spent to make it. I love Thomas Kinkade, I think his work is incredible. I don't care if he got his paint and brushes online from some exotic over-seas exclusive dealer or if he bought them for $2.99 at Hobby Lobby. Its about the final product and if it looks good.

So yes, I would rather see a beautiful render come out of Poser then something very poorly done from something 'better'

Lucifer_the_dark, Yep.

Anasta, contrary to the image "they" like to portray to everyone. 

When you get into professional art, or even the point where your showing works in a gallery or museum. The art stops being about art, and instead becomes all about the money.

Just ask that poor old woman that found a jackson pollock painting.

She's been snobbed, scorned, and looked down upon, by the "art community" at large, not because of the painting itself, the painting itself is worth millions,  but because of her profession before she found the painting. 

She was a truck driver.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!