Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 102 posts

Poppi posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 12:51 PM

**Poser is better than most of those highend apps that take years to learn & frankly, I don't care to learn nor spend the money on them. Highend apps are nothing but bloatware with bells & whistles that most users don't even bother with.
**It didn't take me years to be able to model in LW.  Within a month, I'd done a model or two, then began learning the rendering aspects.  Of course, if you don't care to learn that's a good way to remain static throughout your life.  If you have no high end app, how can you possibly label them all as :**bloatware"? ** LW isn't surely bloatware and **zbrush is the closest thing i've ever seen to something with a "make art" button. ** Check out what the new zb3 can do at pixologic.  Awesome, for only $489.

Of course, some would rather plop down thousands of dollars in the marketplace to get the latest stuffages that the others are buying that week.  Fine, it's your money.  You can spend it on what you like.  Me, I'd rather have the app, and the knowledge to make my own content.  "Cause I really don't feel like buying something that with a little effort, and tenacity, I can make myself.