Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Teeth in renders too bright?

Conniekat8 opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 33 posts

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 5:01 PM

[quoteOften yes.
Sadly it's not only the brightness/whiteness but the lack in matching teeth color and skin color.
I don't even want to speak about teeth colors and age and lifestyle.
For some sort of portrait picture it is certainly more important to get the teeth colors right if the teeths are visible than it would be in some larger scene.
Considering all the other errors in any arbitrary picture I won't say this is among the major esthetical transgressions. 

I hear ya!  And especially the last statement, about it not being one of the major transgressions.
I think where it bothered me the most is in merchant packs where sometimes you get teeth with warm gray-olive skin match coloring, and a pink based skin texture (or vice versa).
Actually I noticed something similar in eye's sclera coloring.

I dunno, it sort of dovetails a little bit into the ongoing discussions about poser supposedly being looked down on by 'professionals'. I'm no professional by any stretch of the immagination, but I do have some sort of an artsy fartsy background by the way of my mom beiong a professional, and having homeschooled me on it a lot.
I dunno, my art knowledge may pass for a mediocre first year art student....

I keep thinking, If,, with my limited knowledge, I can pick out things like that, then someone with a lot more education and years of training in art can spot a LOT more things, and it can be tough for them to comment or act encouraging without inadvertantly sounding patronizing.

Also I look at htings this way, in my schooled profession, which is Civil Engineering and Land Surveying, when somene tells me (full of excitement) that they found their property corner, or pored concrete on their patio, it's extremely difficult for me to show them the same excitement as another neighbor might, and when I try, it's extremely hard for me to not come across as contrived.
Blah blah... I got interrupted several times while writing this, and forgot where I waas going with it... LOL

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support