Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 ยท 102 posts

Dale B posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 7:23 PM

There really needs to be a way to divide the modelers/Its gotta be all lovingly handcrafted or it is pathetic' crowd from the hobbyist crowd and the slowly growing "I want to tell a story and this is the method I choose' crowd. I'm starting to try and learn modeling to add detail to the scenes I have scripted; I have no interest in trying to learn how to accurately model living creatures. Since the content is available and useable, why waste time that could be spent keyframing or postworking reinventing a wheel that someone else does better than I could? There is the content mindset, where you feel the need to create each polypoint, and then there is the production mindset, where the final result is what truly matters. My goal is the production; that's why I use Poser. It can't do all that I want in animation, but it does one hell of a lot of it, and it doesn't require investing in a high cost base application that would go mostly ignored. Modelers with far more modelling talent and years more experience and skill than I make their talent available for those like me to pour =my= vision into. Anton's Apollo 2007 doesn't get up from the floor and animate himself, after all. In a lot of ways, he's a blank slate. Any personality he might have would be in the hands of the person animating and lighting him. And once I have things in the can, I would have no trouble listing all the content makers. They deserve credit for their work. That doesn't detract from my keyframing, scripting, lighting setups, scene construction and layout, camera keying, foley, scoring, timing and so on. These are two entirely different disciplines, and you can't compare or disparage one with the other, which is what goes on far too often (and I don't think you are doing this, Poppi, btw ;) ).