Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 102 posts

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 9:21 PM

Quote - 'so i went to look at the galleries of these vaunted artists that think addy's work is only passing ok, and i was kind of shocked to see pretty poor work. '

That's the real heart of the matter too and this is why I believe there is so much animosity from the other cg sites. Because Poser users don't have to spend much time creating each character and prop used they can spend their time on things like composition, lighting, expressioning, etc. This is not considered a strength by these others but a weakness in the quality of the images and I find it pretty ironic to say the least.

In the 3dbuzz thread I recall one of their members referring to Poser as a 'toy'. Yep, it is a toy - a very fun toy and it can be a damned creative toy too :)

This is exactly what baffles me... people see one or two people of unpleasant disposition on one of the 'other sites' and right away, they take that to be the majority consensus on 'other sites'. 
The more I read and think about the issue, it seems to me more and more that the 'undeserved dissing of poser' is more of an exaggeration on part of many poser users, based on very few crappy people in higher end CG, then something that actually exists.
As for the crappy prejudiced people, ther's a dose of them just about everywhere, including here. I look at some posts on rendo, and they're just as negative about the high end CG as they claim somesuch higher end CG person was towards them. 

Also, it cracks me up, people are being so critical of the higher end CG people, then they turn around chum up to them and buy their content.  I'd be surprized if that doesn't get them ticked off and decide to not make any more $1.99 content for the ungrateful bunch.
Gah, the more I think about it, the more it gives me heartburn!
[dragon-kitty]

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support