Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 ยท 102 posts

Paloth posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 5:33 AM

price of professional tools generally keeps them out of the hands of hobbyists Blender 3D is a free modeler with all of the features of a "professional tool," yet the Poser hobbyists--for the most part--won't even touch it. Why? Because--like the professional tools--it's hard to master. Poser by comparison is very easy to learn. Those who spend 3 months sculpting a figure, creating its textures, weight maps, morphs and rigging are liable to post images of their progress along the way. This might account for the poor quality of some of their renders. Naturally, some artists are more skilled than others. Poser includes content created by some of the best professionals in the business. Some professionals spend their careers posing and animating models created by other artists, or setting up scenes comprised of preexisting content. Of course they don't use Poser to do it. I wonder who is more of an artist:-a functionary in a CGI sweatshop or a Poser user with a vision? There really is no such thing as a Poser professional, but I'm sure that Poser artists exist.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368