Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Problem with Vicki 2

egaeus opened this issue on May 18, 2001 ยท 19 posts

Jaager posted Fri, 18 May 2001 at 12:47 PM

This is somthing I just put up on the user group. I expected it to come up with MillieJCM after I realized it a few weeks after I released her, but no one has asked. It looks like V2 has brought it to a head. The problem is with the ERC , the Full Body Morphs on V1 and the additional PBM (Partial Body Morphs) on V2 , It will be a definite problem with JCM (Joint Controlled Morphs) and with the JCJ (Joint Controlled Joints). We call it cross-talk. There are two solutions that I know of: Rob Whiz's RSOB site has one method. http://www.rbtwhiz.com/rbtwhiz_EMCPrintable.html#update And there is a link there to Nerd's fix. I have another, which he does not like. Have a separate CR2 for each character. Open it in text editor. ( V2 is so large MSWord might be all you can use.) Find "Figure:1" replace with " A UNIQUE NAME " (replace all) save this back to the Library in Poser as a text file (with no formatting) and make sure the extension is CR2 and not .CR2.TXT Look to make sure the figure name IS Figure:1. If you saved it from Poser with more than one figure present, it might have a different number. Also go to the bottom and change the figure name to be the same. The thing to remember, every time you save the figure back to the Library from Poser, it will undo all this and put Figure:1 back everywhere, but the name at the start of the materials (3rd) part of the CR2. You will have to do the find and replace gig again. It is unfortunate, but everyone is going to have to develop some skills to deal with this problem. The problem is with Poser 4 and not Victoria. Victoria is just pushing the limits and showing up these unanticipated problems The ERC was probably as last minute add in and they probably had no idea that we would take it as far as we are going to. Jaager