Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Based Sky Dome

Angelouscuitry opened this issue on May 19, 2007 · 72 posts

Angelouscuitry posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 2:33 PM

Zarat - Originally I introduced with Cloud nodes, kind of to encourage much more than just Texture Mapping, but they are so similar whichever way(s) we cover is really important.  Hence, I will look to Particles; with a certain Surface Thickness, but really only at materials that were essentially hollow.  Just because now would be a conveinient time for Atmosphere,  I wo'nt be disscuraging discovery; but this is last, on a long list of areas for improvement.   

Here I am in my actually Poser Based Ball Hi-Res Props Scene.  If we'ld need to be stuck with the Ball Hi-Res prop's Mapping, then we're going to need to change the idea for the title of this thread, in the sense that we'll be Importing data, for a better .PZ3 Free Stuff item. 

") If you are willing to do the following work, it is worth it. After you have designed a properly glowing sky dome and ground texture, you want to prepare a custom image for IBL that matches the environment. If your central figure is going to be close to any large objects, like a wall, they should be included too. Now I won't go into too much detail, but here's what you do.*

bagginsbill - Thanks, again!  My biggest fear of this thread is a big fat dead end, having left Infinite lighting; I've tried every other models, especially IBL, without near the success.  For the HDRI(...clouds gather, lightening strikes, and thunder claps...)nature of IBL, I'll give it another try:

* Put a sphere right where the figure will be. Make it super super tiny.*

1.)  I did'nt make the dome teeny tiny?  This handsized Ball Hi-Res prop, is at the Universe center?

Switch to the "Front" camera and adjust dials until the tiny tiny ball exactly fills the preview window.

2.)  I skipped the Front camera, and just 0'd the Orbits of my Main Camera?

Turn off all your lights except an IBL, which has BLACK in it to start.

3.)   Thanks to Ockham, for all those nifty Light Pythons!

4.)  Light Creation.

5.)  Define Model for new Creation.

6.)  Position the light behind the camera.

7.)  Set Light Color to Black.

Render the scene. This first render, all you should see is glowing sky in the ball.

8.)  No Glow.  What'd I miss? 

Patorak - Yow, even more great work!  I hear what BB is saying but, I'll still sacrifice a little space to see a finer Smooth Shadded Preview, it'd just be a thing to avoid.  Have you had sucess with bagginsbill's IBL, may I have a copy of the scene, to try to reverse engineer?  Are that Combustion data coming around?