Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 102 posts

Conniekat8 posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 7:01 PM

@Cobaltdream's *you cannot deal with a problem you cannot see.  and getting the perspective of more than one's own eyes is generally a good idea, because there's only so much one person can see.  that said, you can't sit there and tell me someone pissing on my leg is rain and have me believe it.
*About the pissing on the leg argument, it goes both ways, you know. I'm going to be blunt here: This prejudice that you are trying to convince me exists, I haven't seen it in action. The onlly place I see it, is in some Poser users overblowing things when one of two things happen: (one) They get too sensitive to critique, or (two) on occasion some immature scmuck makes a disrespectful comment.

Neither of those two will convince me of existence of some sort of a prejudice against Poser. I understand the analogies that you are offering, and what it is that you think you are seeing. I'm telling you, I don;t see the same thing you are seeing. And also, no amout of your explaining, or for that matter, if I get 10 people telling me the same thing here on rendo, I'd still be extremely skeptical of this prejudice you speak of existing - among 3D professionals - those that count, not some immature snotty ignorant schmucks exhibiting bad behavior or a small handfull of knowledgeable people with unpolished people skills. 

If you want to convince me of this prejudice existing in any serious fashion where I would consider it a problem, you'd have to show me at least several hundred posts by a number of different reputable people in 3D industry disrespecting Poser or poser users. You know, people like Stonemason - to pick a name most people are familiar with and to follow your analogy of fitting into a prejudiced corporate culture you described.
I need to see much more substantial evidence then your emotionally charged argument. I mean, you haven't even presented to us what formed your opinions, other then a few hearsays and assumption that it is a widely accepted fact that this prejudice exists.

I'm sorry if that irritates you, but, without some more solid proof, I'm not going to change my mind to soothe your feelings. We'll have to agree to disagree, and I would very much appreciate it if you could do it without comments about my capacity to understand things.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support