Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Based Sky Dome

Angelouscuitry opened this issue on May 19, 2007 ยท 72 posts

bagginsbill posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 7:08 PM

Ay,

I'll try to help in more detail tomorrow. I see once again that I'm not taken literally. Really, when I tell you to do certain things, and you don't do them, you will not get what I'm describing.

First yes the mirror ball must be teeny tiny, or you will get perspective distortion.

Second, you must use the front camera like I said. Zeroing the Main camera will line it up, but you're still getting perspective in the mirror. You can't have that - we need to produce what is called an Angular Map and the only way to do that is with an Orthographic camera, which the Front camera is - orthographic. I can't type any more on that. Just do what I say, always. I never tell you something for no reason. If the camera didn't matter, I would have said "line up your camera".

Third, you did not get glowing sky because you probably are still not doing what I said - plug your colors into Alt Diffuse - make it glow. No lights. I'll say more tomorrow.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)