Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Teeth in renders too bright?

Conniekat8 opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 33 posts

Conniekat8 posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 8:17 PM

Conniekat8 - Don't worry about sounding like a killjoy, I would never have posted the link if I had a fragile ego, LOL.
Whew! Well, I was worried! I've said the same myself before, then once I actually read what was sead, I'd go... uh,oh, I wasn't ready for that! LOL
I really think you are right about the gums.  I can dismiss it a bit and say, "well she is undead", but honestly I never really noticed how badly those teeth (and the tongue) stand out against those gums.  Weird.
Sometimes it's hard to notice it all! I know for me it definately is.
Anyway, though I usually don't aim for a complete realistic style, I still think that knowing what is more real and trying to employ those aspects even down to the finest detail only add, even when going for something more comic-book or painted in tone.  Heck, the great renaissance painters still paid close attention to the real world around them.
Yeah, even stylistic stuff needs to be believable, which comes from interaction between elements in the picture. So I'm told... how to put it in practice, that's a whole another can of worms.
*I think another detail that is often missing from teeth (and admittedly, they are seen from a distance, usually) is gradient.  Teeth are rarely one colour right across (unless we are talking all the gals I knew in Hollywood... creepy white!).
*Excellent observation! :)
I was looking at some photo retouching tutorials before finding that toothy plant rendering, but decided against just for the reason you mentioned: Hollywood advertizing images don't depict 'realistic' ;)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support